WorkPlace performs employee screening for the purpose of employment. All WorkPlace Candidates are subject to a criminal background investigation once a job offer has been made.
WorkPlace employee screening is done in accordance with the EEOC’s new guidance effective April 25, 2012 and all WorkPlace Recruiters are familiar with how we handle Criminal Convictions to be in compliance with such guidance.
The following steps are taken:
- Background release form signed by the candidate
- Candidate to complete Individual Assessment if prior acts
- Background screening is to be completed before start date
- Candidate given copy of Fair Credit Reporting Act – Disclosure and Rights
- We complete a 7 year look-back period for felonies
- If adverse findings an Adverse Action letter is sent according to policy
All of the steps above are followed to be compliant with the EEOC.
WorkPlace Staffing Services is a Drug Free Work Place. When an employer needs a drug screen conducted on the candidates being placed in position with their company we are happy to assist them. We offer a 5-panel drug screen.
Upon request from the employer we offer an appropriate assessment of skills utilizing Prove IT a web-based skill assessments tool to determine the skill level of the applicant.
Sometimes personality or “soft skills” weigh heavily in the consideration for a position. When that needs occurs WorkPlace Staffing Service has access to Personality and Behavioral Testing in addition to Integrity Testing.